Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Knitting and sewing...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am NOT a seamstress. However, I was going to buy a secondary pouch sling for my little one since I found a hole in my Maya Wrap ring sling a couple of nights ago. Then I thought about it for a moment. Why buy one? I bet if I Google it, I can find a pattern. I happen to be a very determined person. Once I set my mind to something, it's going to happen.

So I go a Googling... Wouldn't ya know it?! A pattern! For free!! Hello, sexy. I wrote it down in detail and proceeded to Walmart this morning (probably at time of posting, yesterday morning) to look for some suitable fabric. Boy, did I find it. For just $1.50 per yard, I found the prettiest, most perfect fabric.

Since, it has been pre-washed and cut to size, now all it needs is a few seams and it will be a new pouch sling.

Knitting:
Ugh! Working on a few things right now. Just washed my first pair of baby socks. Pleasantly surprised by the outcome of washing. They went in very stiff and scratchy and came out soft. Always a good thing.

Also, spiral blanket is taking FOREVER!!! I'm up to 230 stitches, but having tpo increase by 10 stitches every other row is a bit maddening. Will keep ya updated.

The new knit baby dress has a few mistakes, but overall is looking nice. I'm only halfway down the bodice portion right now, but it shouldn't take too long since I'm making the skirt portion a YO mesh. The pattern's in my head, I havent't written it down. I know that's bad, but you'll have to trust me. I *think* I know what I'm doing. LOL

That's about it for now...




No comments:

Post a Comment