Friday, May 15, 2009

Necessity is also the mother of motivation...


So the baby's new bed did arrive as planned, and is adorable. It does have a few spots where the fabric appears to have tiny tears in it. Fabric glue to the rescue! Now, the old style I had was the standard size play yard and the Graco pack n' play sheets did fit it, but this is much smaller. They do sell sheets for this model (Graco Travelite crib) but they are $8 each!! Ouch!

What is a mommy to do when she doesn't want her baby sleeping on the naked pad? Go out and buy some cheap Walmart fabric, study the design of the pack n' play sheets very well and make her own, of course. Duh! So that's exactly what I did.

We now have 5 brand new sheets for the baby's new bed. I feel so accomplished, I actually did something. Yay! So here's the rundown.... Graco brand sheets for the travelite crib are $8 each. I bought 5 yards of $1.50 fabric ($7.50) and one spool of decent thread ($1.96) and made 5 sheets for just a fraction more than the cost of one pre-fab. Go me!

Shown below is one of 5 new sheets. Two have stripes in this direction, two in the other direction and one is in a different fabric. ?(White with blue elephants.)



Here's where I like to shout, "Score one for the little guy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment