Saturday, January 14, 2012

177!

Well, some time has passed since I last updated you all on my weight. I am down another 1.6lb. since Christmas. Three weeks and 1.6lb without even trying. It's not much, but it's still progress.

To be honest, I wasn't really excited to see the scale at 177. Who would? I'm short. I shouldn't weigh this much. Ever. Exercise? I'm allergic. It makes me hurt. I also feel like maybe that 1.6lb was actually shed during this past week.

So what changed? My husband is working third shift now. This new job has us all confused and time-twisted. We've got 1 child in high school, 2 boys that are home schooled and 1 little girl that's just 3 years old. My days are now spent trying to keep everyone happy and quiet so daddy can sleep and at night... I've lost my drinking buddy. I'm drinking MUCH less than I have in a while and sometimes, not at all. I'm pretty sure running around all day (moving more) chasing a three year old and not drinking as much may have played a huge part in this weeks' success. Add to that, the fact that I no longer have time to snack all day.

There it is. It isn't much, but it still is. I'm not giving up, nor should you!

I think it's time to add some new rules for myself!

New Challenges:
  • Smaller meals and smaller portions! Use those small plates. You know, the "salad" plates. We've always used them for meals, but recently we've used the big dinner plates a bit too often.
  • Eat slower! It's not a race. I know this, yet I continue to inhale my food as if there's some apocalyptic shortage. Slow down. Enjoy it more, choke on it less.
That's it for now. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment